I figured might as well start with the present and then play catch up.
New Years Eve has never been a big deal for Mark and I. The statistics of drunk drivers on the road scare the life out of me so we stay home usually. I think we have only gone out twice in the 7 years we have been together. NYE 2010 is the day we brought Eliza home from the hospital, so it is always a sweet spot for us. Last night was no exception. We stayed in, played with our girl, and were all asleep by 1030. The only reason I knew it was midnight is the neighbors shooting off fireworks.
Here are a few of my favorite moments from 2012
|Eliza's first birthday party|
|First trip to the zoo|
|Her first swingset|
|Still being silly even when going in for surgery|
|Her first bike ride|
|Weekly trips to Kensington|
|Meeting the Lions|
|First dance class|
I saw this questionnaire over on Kelly's blog and decided to fill it out. Can't wait to look back and see my answers some day.
1. What are you most thankful for? My family, my relationship with the Lord, the stability I feel
2. What were the highlights of 2012 for you? Eliza's birthday, our first family vacation, cleared after surgery
3. What are you hoping for in 2013? Move, expand our family, continue to watch Eliza grow
4. What were some of your favorites of 2012? (Clothes, movies, songs, TV shows, ) I am shocked I really can't think of these. I love all of the Real Housewives shows and have started to rewatch the original 90210 :)
5. Who was God to you in 2012? (and if He was nothing to you - please be honest. You don't need to give sunday school answers. I want to be able to pray that He will be something to you this year!) He was my hope