Friday, March 1, 2013


I don't know how to describe these past few weeks with anything besides the word Whirlwind.

We had been looking into selling our house again. In February we discussed our finances and decided we could stick it out at the house one more year, take the money we were saving for updates and go to Disney. I wasn't pregnant, so I could go on all of the rides, Eliza was really getting into all of the princesses and the weather here in Michigan was terrible.

We enjoyed our time at Disney and knew we had made the right decision.

As we pulled into our neighborhood the day we got home, we realized we really can't stay here.

I posted the house for sale by owner and got 2 hits in a month. Obviously this is not what we were hoping for. I contacted a few different realtors but paying them 6% really bugged me. Our last realtor sure didn't do much to earn that money.

I started to research and found a company that you pay a flat fee upfront. They list the home on all of the MLS listing sites, they do the paperwork and schedule your appointments, but other than that, you are on your own. Mark and I discussed using this company and decided for $500, it was worth a try.

We took photos of the house and submitted them with all of the paperwork.

Our house was listed on Sunday night.

When we listed our house last summer it took 2 weeks to get our first showing. This time, it took a few hours. By Thursday we had 5 showings and 2 offers.

I don't know if it was the price change(we reduced the price) or if it is the market, but people were all over the house!

We received great feedback. The house is beautiful, great condition, love it!

Our first offer was low. I know they won't come at you with full price, but the house had only been on the market 3 days, I wasn't going to jump.

Thursday we had a showing in the morning. I took Eliza to lunch and spent some quality time with her while they checked out the house. The appointment wasn't even over when I received an email from our agent, the people were heading back to the office to write an offer.

This was great!!

I waited all day and finally received it.

They loved the house so much, and had been outbid on a few homes, they offered more than our asking price!

So here we are, Friday, trying to get everything set up. Appraisals, inspections, and so much more.

We have decided to switch builders. I will go into that more in a few days. We are meeting with him again tonight to finalize everything.

As heartbroken as I am that I am not pregnant, I feel this is all happening in the right order. Going through all of this pregnant would make me very worried about the stress on the baby. I wouldn't be able to paint, or help move(not that I would be complaining).

You always told me to trust in your plan Lord, you were right, like always.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
Proverbs 3:5


Apple_Kay said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi, I am curious what company you used to list your home? I am also looking to sell my house and would prefer not to use a traditional agent. It sounds like you had a great experience with it!

Thank you,

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi April!

The realtor I used is Jeff Kermath. I think he is part of this company I would definitely recommend it. Be prepared to do some leg work, but it is all worth it to me!